Some of the field work conducted in the case study areas are depicted below:
- A meteorological station and monitoring camera system were installed, in order to provide real-time data to the program’s main server.
- Detailed (of every 50 cm) topographic measurement was conducted in both case study areas, using a highly accurate RTK (accuracy <5 cm).
- Detailed (of every 1 m) bathymetric measurment of the nearshore sea-bottom, up to the depth of about 10 meters.
- Repeated wave height measurements were conducted, using high frequency equipment, installed in different depths and frequences, throughout the whole period of the Project.
- Video recordings were conducted, using thermal and infrared cameras.
- repeated measurements of nearshore current direction and speed were conducted, using high frequency equipment.
- detailed scanning of the beach and the surrounding slopes was conducted, using Lidar.
|meteo station||coastal RTK survey||bathymetry||wave measurements|
|thermal camera||current measurments||infrared lights||LIDAR survey|